Important 2015 Dates
Aug 9 – Mandatory Coaches Meeting @ East HS – 6pm
Aug 10 – Equipment Handout 5th, 6th & 7th Grades – 5:30 to 7:30
Aug 11 – Equipment Handout Out of Town Teams – 5:30 to 7:30
August 12 – 3rd & 4th Grades – 5:30 to 7:30
August 16 – Late Equipment Handout – 5:30 to 7:30
Equipment Handout Location
Oak Terrace Assisted Living
1570 Tower Blvd.
North Mankato, MN 56003
Aug 17 – Practice Starts
Aug 19 – Team Assignments for 6th & 7th Grade
Aug 26 – MNMYF Jamboree East HS
Sept 5 – MNMYF Regular Season Games begin
Oct 17 – Last Day of Season/ Equipment hand-in
Practice & Game Schedules
We encourage everyone involved in MNMYF Football to review our youth football rules. A link to a printable copy can be found on each page. Coaches and Parents, please print a copy of the rules to review with your players/kids. It is very important to us that the rules are followed and understood by everyone involved to make MNMYF the best and fairest we can possibly make it.
MNMYF football could take many directions, such as “win-win-win at all costs” focus, rather than its positive learning approach. It is important to realize that youths today are raised in an environment of competition and that they must learn the value of good competition and of always doing one’s best.
MNMYF Code of Ethics Pledge
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my very best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I promise to review and practice the necessary first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of football and that I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for the children and not adults.
MNMYF is dedicated to providing our our athletes with the safest possible environment for playing tackle football. From supplying all kids with the best possible equipment to concussion testing and clearance standards to making sure our coaches are educated on proper technique head injury identification. Our number one focus is your child’s safety!
MNMYF Safety Director
Phone Number: 507-625-1100
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 311, Mankato MN 56002
Equipment Handout Location: Oak Terrace Assisted Living Center, 1570 Tower Blvd, North Mankato
West Practice Fields: South Central College-North Mankato Campus, 1920 Lee Blvd, North Mankato | MAP
East Practice Fields: Mankato East High School, 2600 Hoffman Road, Mankato | MAP